Vesak Ceremony: Appreciation
The Vihara would like to appreciate the manifold support provided by the Vihara members for Vesak celebration on May 19 & 20.
Photos are here: https://goo.gl/tbXojR
Three short videos of Bhakthi Gee, children’s drama, and adults’ drama are now being prepared.
Specifically, we would like to appreciate the support of:
- Ven. Resident monks of the Vihara who provided manifold assistance
- Sanka for printing the Vesak invitation cards and Danushka for designing the card
- Current and former students of Sunday classes for preparing Vesak lanterns and practicing and singing Vesak hymns
- Children and parents who performed two Vesak dramas
- Teachers of Sunday classes and their family members for their guidance and training of the students for the ceremony
- Parents of Sunday school children and other volunteers for their support towards cleaning, landscaping, and decorating
- Anuruddha and Iran Kulatunga family for preparing Saturday’s dinner for all
- Damith, family members, and friends who offered a Dansala (Free Food Café) to all Saturday evening
- Community members in Clear Lake and Friendswood area for their offering of Sunday’s breakfast Dana for Bhikkhus and Sila observers
- Subhashini for organizing Sunday’s Dana and lunch for all
- Those who sent in donations and those who brought other needs for the Vesak ceremony.
- Hirantha, Champika, and Danushka for photography and video recording
- Gomika and Upuli for drama costumes and makeup
- Nuwan for providing lighting and technical support for the children’s and adults’ performances.