All-night Chanting This Saturday and Kathina Ceremony Sunday
Saturday, November 3th and Sunday November 4th,
Dear Friends and Supporters of HBV:
All steps are now being taken to make this weekend’s Kathina ceremony a beautiful and meaningful event. With excellent weather on Saturday and probably on Sunday as well, we are looking forward to your participation in this most meritorious Buddhist event.
Invitation cards have now been mailed. If you have not received a card by mail, please consider this message as your invitation to the Kathina ceremony.
Vihara members cleaned the premises and did decorations last Sunday. (See the pictures, as well as the program, below.) The Vihara expresses sincere appreciation of the commitment by the community members.
Here are the most important information and Vihara needs:
1. Volunteers will make arrangements and decorations Friday night and Saturday morning. We are requesting members and friends to participate in volunteer work this Friday evening. Jeevana and Savithri Senevirathna family will offer dinner to all volunteers.
2. Parking on Saturday and Sunday: If you visit the Vihara earlier on each day, you will find a parking space inside the Vihara premises. (Please note that parking inside the Vihara premises will be limited Sunday because of the blood donation campaign vehicles.) You can park by the side of Barton and Arledge Streets on Saturday. Never park on Radio Road. Please do not park on Arledge Road on Sunday. We need it to be clear for the Kathina procession. If spaces are not available there, you can still park at the parking spaces of the nearby warehouse at the entrance of Radio Road. Please follow parking signs. From the warehouse parking lot, you have to walk on Radio Road a few yards to the Vihara.
3. Saturday’s dinner: It will be offered to all by Dudley Rajapaksa family. Gilanpasa for the Bhikkhus during all-night chanting will be provided by Damith and family members and friends. Sunday’s breakfast Dana and food for all will be offered by the Vihara members in Clear Lake area.
4. Donations to Bhikkhus during Pindapatha on Sunday:Around 20 Bhikkhus will participate in traditional Pindapatha around 10:15 a.m. You may bring any useful small items to be placed inside Patta (Bowls). To facilitate your participation in offering Pindapata, a group of children will provide you one-dollar, two-dollar, and five-dollar notes. You may write a check to or change your larger notes and receive smaller notes from the children.
5. Food for Bhikkhus and all participants on Sunday: Vihara friends, Madura, Dasun, Nadeeka, and Jamesh have volunteered to cook food for all at the Vihara Sunday morning. In addition, a few families will bring more dishes and deserts to be served to the Maha Sangha. Additional food is not necessary.
6. Offerings to the Kapruka: A traditional Kapruka will be placed inside the Vihara. Here are the needs for the Kapruka: Pillows, pillow cases, blankets, twin and full bed sheets and spreads, aluminum Foils, plastic wrapping papers, zip lock bags of any size, paper towels, condensed canned milk, disposable white table cloths, and dessert bowls
We are looking forward to your participation.
Bhikkhus of the Vihara