Sri Lankan New Year Festival at the Vihara: Appreciation and Pictures
I am writing this message to express my appreciation of those who supported, organized, and participated in the Sri Lankan New Year festival at the Vihara on Sunday, April 15th.
It was a remarkably successful festival with traditional rituals, joyful dramas and dances, fascinating games, and delicious food and beverages. Large crowds attended the event and enjoyed it.
Please see the pictures here: https://www.facebook.
Our special thanks should go to:
- Ven. Nanda, Upananda, Sirirathana, and Maithree Theros who helped in many ways, such as in organizing various events, cleaning the premises, and preparing food items and plants
- Members of the Event Organization Committee
- Children of all Sunday classes who participated in New Year dramas, dances, and games
- Teachers of all Sunday school classes and the parents of Sunday school children, both of whom worked so hard in everything
- Asitha Silva for presenting a beautiful “Ves Natuma”
- Madura, Dasun, and Danushka for hours of hard work in preparing a delicious lunch
- Kanchane, Nimantha, Thushara and many others who organized children’s outdoor games
- Himali for preparing Avurudu food table
- Wasantha Ekanayake for organizing the plant sale and Nimantha and Aruna for providing plants
- Savithri Senevirathne who organized the New Year food sale with the help of Pali, Shehani, Irani, Himali, Pramitha, Hirantha, Prasadini, Dulanjali, Sanka, Madushanka and Shanika, and Shyama
- Indika Kiriella, Kumari Watagoda, Isaac, Savithri, Ajahandra, Viran and Chalani, Ruchira, Boteju family, and Thusitha for helping the food sale
- Samantha, Mahesh, and Manoj for erecting a beautiful Avurudu Thorana
- Hirantha, Champika, and Hunter for photos and videos.
Houston Buddhist Vihara wholeheartedly appreciates your manifold support. May the Blessings of the Noble Triple Gem be with you!