Vihara Programs This Saturday and Sunday (April 7 & 8)
Saturday (April 7):
1. Theravada Buddhism Course (from 3:30pm to 5:30pm)
This is the 13th day of the course. It is conducted in English. Lesson is: Saññā (perception) and yathā-bhūta-ñāna-dassana (knowledge and vision according to reality).
2. Weekly Meditation Session (from 6:00pm to 7:30pm)
(Your teacher of both programs is Ven. Dedunupitiye Upananda Nayaka Thero, a specialist in Buddhist Education and the Pali Language.)
Sunday (April 8):
1. Children’s practices in preparation for the New Year ceremony on April 15th. Parents are requested to bring their children to the Vihara at 9:00 a.m. The children will practice dramas and musical performances.
2. Traditional Avurudu Kewili Sale (from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm). Please note that only limited quantities are available. The revised price list was emailed yesterday. If you have already placed an order, your items will be available inside the dining hall.
3. Plant sale (a variety of plants are available, including curry leaf plants and Kathuru Murunga plants. Actually, most of the curry leaf plants are bushes that grow very fast, not the small, single-stem plants.
We also have a great variety of pepper plants (ten varieties), eggplants (five varieties), Karavila, Vetakolu, long okra, Vel Penela, collard green, and several other leafy greens. Pathola will be available on the 15th.